This picture is old, but I like it. We had an adventure one night and found a huge ferris wheel. It's located near one of my favorite foreign stores (where I get my Vietnamese Green Curry paste) called Carrefour. The area around it is sad and desolate. A bunch of new shopspots that have sat empty now for 2 years. It's like walking around in a shiney new ghost town. I'm pretty sure no one was even riding the ferris wheel.
These are our beautiful new curtains. Lara and I went to the fabric market and picked out the material ourselves and gave it to a seamstress to be hemmed. None of the hems match, but the colors in the morning are beautiful, no?
This is on the way to LongYan. I just think that stretch of Chinese countryside is one of the most beautiful I've seen yet.
On a rainy day, I took this picture of our beach. We live to the left of these trees in a pink apartment complex, but it's a few minutes walk from here. I don't go to the beach too often since I would rather avoid the stares and be on our roof, but living by the ocean is a blessing I don't deserve. It's calmness seeps into our apartment when the windows are open. At night, the moon casts long beams across the water. Every night I can see the moon, I want to capture it, but mei bang fa (there's no way).
The olypmics are over. The ParaOlympics are on! We just got cable hooked up in the classroom so the kids can watch them. I love that we can encourage our students like that. This is me and Jing Jing. He represents China's loving nature... and, I suppose, the national animal.

This is my student Cookie and his mom Candy. He is as hyper as a 5 year old boy should be. I am about to go teach him actually. She insists on feeding me every monday night before class. Last week I ate my first Xiamen specialty sand worms. yum.

No comments:
Post a Comment