Once, I lost a spoon in the mix when I turned arond and it fell in. I forgot about it until I pulled out the loaf and saw a shiney protrusion.
More recently, I wanted more banana flavor, so I put in an extra banana. It was horribly dense and gooey inside while crusty and hard on the outside. I learned my lesson.
Last night, I decided to sprinkle the usual cinnamon and sugar on the top to see if it would, yet again, sink the the middle or spread out evenly as it should. As soon as I sprinkled it, I smelled the neighbors dinner wafting up from third floor. I noticed as I put the foil over the bread, that it wasn't as sugary as usual so I bent down to sniff...the...curry powder on top of my bread. Gross. I spooned as much off as I could, tried to cover the curry with a thick blanket of cinnamon and sugar, and threw that puppy in the oven with frustration. 45 minutes later, it was fine and tasty. Thank goodness for the oversensative nose.
Otherwise, yesterday we had training and I learned about the muscles of the lower back and joints of the spine. I miss learning, but kind of wish it was in English so I could get the full effect. But I did realize yesterday that I love being with my coworkers. I see why they love staying after work to just chat and catch up. Being with them is often the best part of my day.
I found someone to harmonize with.

3 comments:
Anna, Enjoyed reading your blog today. I feel I never have great luck with banana bread either. but then, I never measure anything-that could have something to do with it. Keep up the amazing work! -Amber
save me a slice :)
Okada sent me the link to your blog, and I'm sure glad he did. Nice to see you again in the blog world! I definitely giggled at the spoon story - that's totally something I would've done. Thanks for posting the poems below as well. I may do some copy/paste action and save those puppies!
Hope everything's well over on the other side of the world!
bn
Post a Comment